Monday 9 December 2013

Review: Kub Madera Cotbed

Purchasing a cotbed was one of the most important purchases whilst I was pregnant, I decided to have a cotbed as this would last our daughter until she was 4 or 5 with the array of baby shops and online retailers you would think finding the perfect cotbed within budget would be easy, well it's not.

I changed my mind plenty of times throughout my pregnancy from the colour I wanted to the style I wanted. We had a budget of £150 which ruled out a lot of the cotbeds I liked, namely the ones in Mamas and Papas. I found plenty of online retailers with nice cotbeds at reasonable prices but without seeing them I was unable to see how sturdy they were.

We took a trip to a local baby shop where I found the Kub Madera which fit everything I wanted it was the right colour, looked stylish and was really heavy and sturdy.The shop has the cotbed on sale for £200 and they wanted £50 delivery. After searching online I managed to get it for £156 from precious little ones it is now on sale for more which makes me even more happy with my bargain.



The cotbed was easy to assemble and looks great in the nursery. It feels well made and I have had no problems with it. The cotbed comes complete with teething panels at the top. I especially like that it will turn into a daybed so when the time arrives it will still have one side with panels. You can also purchase a underbed drawer, I cut down on expense and bought some underbed storage from Argos which have been great for storing blankets and sleep bags. However, once we placed the mattress on the lowest setting the storage no longer fitted under the bed. The other problem we had when lowering the mattress was that we had to dissemble the whole cotbed, it would've been better to have a way to lower just the mattress, as a consequence we missed out the middle setting.

Below are some pictures of the cotbed in the nursery when we first put it up. 





No comments:

Post a Comment